So today is a special day. It is my little sometimes-very-annoying baby sister’s 18th birthday. Unfortunately, she is across the ocean in London and I am in Boston. And because of that I miss her even more than I usually do, which is a lot. So I felt like writing a post, sharing some of the many, many reasons I love my little sister:
- Obviously, I am supposed to love her because she is my sister. However, there is a saying that your best friends are sisters that you can choose. And it got me thinking – even if Abby wasn’t my sister, I would choose her over anyone else. She is my best friend, always has been and always will be. We grew up playing all these games together, such as dinosaurs, mice, figures, James bond on GameCube, family and baby (I don’t expect anyone to get what any of those games are, don’t worry).
- We are related, and in that way so similar. We could be in a room with just each other and crack each other up – our inside jokes are endless. Whenever I see a new movie, or hear a new song I can tell if Abby will like it or not. When Chicken Little came out, I went to see it with a friend and literally forced Abby to go see it with me again because I knew she would love it. And she did (little acorn fufufla…..)
- We can cheer each other up. When Abby was a lot younger, and would get upset for whatever reason, all I had to do is put on this stupid plastic Snow White mask and pretend I was Snow White to cheer her up. As silly as that sounds, it worked every single time. And for the past four years an ocean has separated us for the majority of the year. However I know that she is a skype phone call away whenever I need her, and same for me.
- There is no one else in the world I can be so silly and stupid with, and not worry about being judged. If anyone could see the ugly pictures we take, the “fat faces” we pull or hear the grossest, weirdest sh*t we talk about, I think they would be completely sketched out.
- We have so much fun together doing the most random of things. Whether it’s walking around the city taking selfies or making spoof movies on iMovie – we have so much fun. And there is no one else I’d rather do those things with (especially our movie spoofs.. fat face, the return of the phantom angel of music, officer Conrad Leroy..)
- We look up to each other. I know she looks up to me, and I try to be the best role model I can even though I know I fall short sometimes. And I look up to her too, although I am not sure she is aware of that. I honestly think Abby is such a great person. She is so sweet, thoughtful, genuine and real. Even to people who have wronged her. She also has the biggest heart; when she cares about someone, she deeply feels and cares for them. Its admirable.
- She is so talented and sometimes, I don’t think she knows it. If you haven’t seen her Youtube channel, definitely check it out by clicking here. She is naturally an amazing singer (she got it from our momma!) and musician. Sometimes I just lay in my bed and make her sing covers of songs to me because she’s just that good. She is also a great writer, artist and student.
- This list could go on and on, but I’m at work right now and really shouldn’t even be writing a blog post in the first place so I have to stop! I know Abby is going to be reading this, and cringing at the corniness as I was when I was writing it.. but I know it will mean a lot to her and that’s all that matters.
Happy birthday Abe! Love you.